When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought me joy.
The cluster of anxieties that we, the whole human race, now share seems hopelessly inconsolable. Yet every day, our spirits are lifted in some small or large way, by events both major and mundane.
How am I consoled?
- by the neighbor who visits three stores to find me supplies
- by another who visits multiple stores for multiple homebound seniors
- by the store manager who calls to ask if I’d like her to deliver my items (even though she’s on vacation)
- by the nearness of spring, the return of flowers and birdsong
- by the three-month tax extension (hooray!)
- by the books I’m reading and the stack I have yet to read
- by the poetry, photography and humor of my social media friends
- by the thought that both Democrats and Republicans worked together to pass not one, but two, new bills to help us all get through this
- by the live-streamed voices of people praying together
My voice is praying for you, dear readers, and your families, that you stay healthy and that your spirits are lifted up.